Friday, February 18, 2011

"I don't want anyone else, I just want you"

You'd think at the sound of those words any girl would be melting into a pool at the guy who said its feet...and I am no exception. Except those words didn't come from a guy I was interested in romantically. And those words were not in reference to a relationship with me.

Those words popped out of a senior manager's mouth while I was in his office listening to a job proposal. that's right a job proposal. Instead of diamonds I get a salary and instead of promises of a dream home, I get my very own cubicle in the office.

Either way it's the offer of a future with a company that is very successful, treats its employees very well and provides the opportunity for consistent professional growth.

This opportunity will allow me to really work on my writing and interview skills. It will give me that chance to take ownership over our company's internal communication system. I'll have the opportunity to travel and see all of our province. And i'll get to be part of a new family that is very tight knit in the office and highly supportive of one another.

The paperwork hasn't been signed quite yet, but it's looking quite promising and I think the Year of Me is truly starting with all the shrieks, tears and hugs that go with that popped question.

For my first big proposal it was well worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment