Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm not alone.

I was sent this article the other day by one of the directors at my place of employment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/18/us/politics/18early.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1&ref=politics

The article describes how young aides at major companies are getting up at 4 and 5 am every morning to pour over news clippings to "synthesize it, summarize it and spin it, before their bosses start the day well prepared."

This is actually a component of my job. I listen and transcribe news clips before I go to bed every night and I rise around 6 am to catch all of the morning clips and compile them into a summary for the executive team at work.

it's kind of nice to know i'm not the only one who spends all hours pouring over the news in the wee morning hours.

I could start a Facebook group...

No comments:

Post a Comment