Friday, June 4, 2010

Misleading Mishaps

I hate Minis...

now i don't mean mini chocolate bars, those are pretty awesome. i like mini ice cream treats as well mostly because they are just the right portion size for my moderately lactose intolerant tummy. i'm talking about mini coopers. you know those really tiny cars that BMW makes?

why you might ask? why do i hate the adorable little car that Austin Powers drives? because they are deceptive automobiles.

I just know that this has happened to you before too. You're driving through a crowded parking lot and there, right ahead, you see it - an empty spot. It's in a prime location too, always close to the door to wherever you need to be. Grinning from ear to ear, you race towards the parking spot, passing perfectly adequate spots along the way all because they are simply too far, and then you reach it and begin to turn your wheel... and that's when you realize it's not an empty spot at all, a god damn Mini is in it.

I hate being deceived, led on, teased. In fact, one of my number 1 pet peeves is people who bail on plans. I am a total planner and so when people agree to do something with me, i expect them to follow through. Now of course i'm not completely unreasonable, shit happens and sometimes things need to be rescheduled. But i'm talking about that one friend that we all have who consistently breaks plans. You can pretty much make a back-up plan every time and intend to follow through on plan 2, without double-booking yourself in the end.

I have friends who claim that if you don't plan/look forward to things, you can't be disappointed and so I shouldn't put so much emphasis on things that may or may not happen. But when you agree to do something, that's giving your word that you will, and when you continuously disregard that your word means less and less. Eventually, you'll reach a point where your existence is meaningless just like your words and actions.

i hate losing trust in people because it reminds me that not everybody is worth the time and effort and i like to think that everyone is, to someone at least.

i *might* have another contention with minis. perhaps. maybe slightly.

Driving up to campus one day I parked beside a mini cooper (an amazing parking spot i must add), it was a light blue one to be precise. Feeling triumphant i proceeded to my class with a big smile on my face, enjoying the sunshine as i strolled complacently. After my class i looked out on the parking lot, spotted my light blue mini friend and walked straight for it. And there, right beside my little bug (hmm...best not mix VWs with BMWs) was an empty parking spot.

now, i know you must be thinking "is she actually blaming the mini for her car getting stolen?!" and no i am not.

Thinking i had misjudged how close i had parked to the mini i kept walking, and walking AND walking. Finally i realized that my amazing parking spot would not be way the hell back here and turned around until i ended back at the empty parking spot. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes, as i pondered what to do. i decided to walk back to the school and rationally think out a game plan. On my way back I suddenly came upon another mini cooper, light blue, in an amazing spot super close to the building. Beside it...my car.

even when there is a spot available the little bastards screw me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment